[Plant-education] Re: Botanical Gardens

bcjnyc from gmail.com via plant-ed%40net.bio.net (by bcjnyc from gmail.com)
Fri Jun 27 07:03:14 EST 2008

Check out the website for Botanic Gardens Conservation International
(www.bgci.org).  BGCI is the world's largest network of botanic
gardens, and the website includes a searchable database of more than
2000 botanic gardens around the world.  In the meantime, key gardens
you should look into include Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (UK); New York
Botanical Garden; Chicago Botanic Garden; Brooklyn Botanic Garden;
Singapore Botanic Gardens; Kirstenbosch National Botanic Garden (South
Africa); Montreal Botanic Garden; Bogor Botanic Gardens (Indonesia).
There are many more important gardens around the world, depending on
whether you are looking through a conservation, education or
historical lens.

Best,
Brian Johnson