Nuclear extracts from Schizosaccharomyces pombe - signatur.pce (0/1)

Emma T Tonkin gen160 at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 19:45:49 EST 1995

I'm at present trying to isolate nuclear proteins from S.pombe (to use
in Gel Shift Assays / SouthWestern Blots etc), by first isolating the
nuclei using the method of Aris and Blobel (Methods in Enzymeology
vol. 194)

I'm still looking for the best way to lyse the nuclei in order to
obtain native proteins - non ionic detergent (Nonidet P40 / Igepal
CA-630) +/- dialysis? I also have some Centricon concentrators to try.
Being new to this field I would be extremly grateful of any
suggestions.

Thanks,
Emma Tonkin.