isoelectric points

Stephen P. Driska PhD driska at astro.ocis.temple.edu
Tue Jan 23 17:47:48 EST 1996

Louis Hom (lhom at nature.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:
: I'm trying to find out the pI's of various actins (or any actin, for that
: matter).  Is this kind of data catalogued or archived anywhere (online or
: off)?
: --
: lhom at nature.berkeley.edu  	     	  	   Two Color Line problem...
: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~lhom

	An early reference is K. Zechel and K. Weber, Eur.J. .Biochem.
89:105-112 (1978).  But these were pI's from urea/nonidet P40 gels; you
didn't say if you wanted native or denatured.

	By the way, the abstract says alpha skeletal muscle actin is
pI 5.4

		good luck with it..........
--
Steve Driska, Physiology Department, Temple University Medical School
Philadelphia, PA 19140 USA (215) 707-3283
driska at astro.ocis.temple.edu
If I could think of something witty and clever to say, it would go right