isoelectric points

Stephen P. Driska PhD driska at
Tue Jan 23 17:47:48 EST 1996

Louis Hom (lhom at nature.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:
: I'm trying to find out the pI's of various actins (or any actin, for that
: matter).  Is this kind of data catalogued or archived anywhere (online or
: off)?
: --
: lhom at  	     	  	   Two Color Line problem...

	An early reference is K. Zechel and K. Weber, Eur.J. .Biochem.
89:105-112 (1978).  But these were pI's from urea/nonidet P40 gels; you
didn't say if you wanted native or denatured.

	By the way, the abstract says alpha skeletal muscle actin is
pI 5.4

		good luck with it..........
Steve Driska, Physiology Department, Temple University Medical School
Philadelphia, PA 19140 USA (215) 707-3283
driska at
If I could think of something witty and clever to say, it would go right