SDS-page

Jussi Kankare Jussi.Kankare at csc.fi
Fri Sep 27 05:07:09 EST 1996

Dear Netters,

I'm trying to crystallize a protein and would therefore like
to have my sample as homogeneous as possible. However when the
purity of the sample is checked with SDS-page the gel shows a
major and small minor band just beneath the major one. I have
not purified the sample myself but the persons who have done
the work claim that the sample is pure but the protein just has
the property that it shows two bands in SDS-page ?!? I would naturally
think that this means that the sample is NOT homogeneous. What could
cause this sort behaviour of a protein or is there simply a need for
repurifying the protein.

Best Regards,

Jussi

	Jussi Kankare