dsRNA markers

Ed Rybicki ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Mon Apr 3 05:22:18 EST 1995

> From:          bap at med.pitt.edu (Bruce Phillips)
> Subject:       dsRNA markers
>
> 	Why couldn't you use dsDNA markers for comparison with dsRNA
> molecules?  If agarose gels can distinguish one from the other, I would
> like to know about it.

...because the mol w's would be wrong, wouldn't they...!  Given that
RNA has an extra O per sugar?  We used to use lambda markers, having
said that, but with the correction built in to the calculation.

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

   "And the man in the suit has just bought a new car
      From the profit he's made on your dreams..."