VZV vaccination

Steve Quan squan at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 26 14:27:20 EST 1995

Ok, ignore my post with the question about "morbidity in children."  It
has been pointed out to me that 'morbidity' refers to number of people
infected.  I was mistaking it for 'mortality.'  However, in my defense I
have to say that before posting my question I looked the word up in a
large dictionary.  Random House defines morbidity as "the percentage of
deaths resulting from any specific disease."  So, you can understand my
confusion.  Gee, maybe we should we all E-Mail Random House and tell
them they've got it wrong?  BTW, from a strictly consumer point of view,
I would not have my kids vaccinated for chicken pox.  Polio, DPT and the
rest, sure.  But not chicken pox.  I'll go back to lurking now.
-Mo