Ebola Zaire

Bob Morrell bmorrell at isnet.is.wfu.edu
Thu Jul 20 13:01:59 EST 1995

On 20 Jul 1995, Don Haut wrote:

> > I too am mystified by the concept of predatory viruses suggested in the
> > Hot Zone.  This kind of sensationalized "information" tends to lead to
> > panic and uninformed political decisions.

I take issue with this, in that "predatory" is a human concept, used for
communication of a complex activity. In that it communicates the danger
and seriousness of the virus, it is appropriate.
Lack of public awareness to this virus would also lead to uninformed
political decisions. See my other post on the utility of panic.

*                     Bob Morrell                       *
*              bmorrell at isnet.is.wfu.edu                *
* The operation was a success, as the autopsy will show *