Hot Zone/Coming Plague

Tommy Beach austin at netcom.com
Sun Jul 23 19:53:04 EST 1995

Samantha Fetter (fetter at mhv.net) wrote:
: edregis at aol.com (EdRegis) wrote:
: I just had to comment on your mention of Preston's outlandish claim
: as said above.  I think that it is an interesting notion... that
: the earth has "self-defense" mechanisms, so to speak.. that the
: rainforests have certain viruses that it harbors, and when destroyed,
: the 'offenders' encounter it <note the lack of the phrase "attacked
: by" <gring>> .. I'm not saying that it's a true idea, of course...
: I'm just saying that it made me think about it for a little,...

	You're right in that it seems that way but concepts like
	evolution or survival are more result than preordained
	correctional applications.

	The rain forest is warm, moist and shady. A perfect environment
	for viruses to stay viable. A toasty place like a bleak desert is
	another story.

	Tommy Beach