[Virology] A virus kills?

IHHNV via virology%40net.bio.net (by artsanchez04 from gmail.com)
Tue Jan 19 12:20:05 EST 2010

Hi...

I am just starting to work on viruses. Somebody ask me if I know how
an shrimp virus kills the shrimp. I was really surprised. I didn´t
notice before. But... a virus kills? I mean... I understand that
phages are able to kill bacteria... but an animal virus can kill the
animal? Or it is just, as on HIV, that immune defenses are so low that
oportunistic pathogens really kill the host? In case there is a known
case of a killing virus... can some one let me know the molecular
events directing the host dead? Also I will be very grateful if some
one let me know published articles related to this topic....

Thanks in advance for your help