xplor to mtz

Dave Schuller schuller at indigo2.biomol.uci.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:55:33 EST 1996

In article <DqDAou.9us at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, tcw3r at avery.med.Virginia.EDU (Todd Charles Wood) writes:
|> I am looking for a program that can read in a reflection file
|> in X-PLOR format and output a mtz file.  Any suggestions?

I have a method for doing that.
CCP4 comes with a utility, f2mtz, for reading in free-format
columnar data to the MTZ format.  But to use an X-plor ref
file for this, first you have to filter out all the column
labels, such as "SIGMA=".

I have such a filter, x_to_ccp4, which is a C program.
It is available on our ftp server.

ftp indigo4.biomol.uci.edu
login: anonymous
password: your_bankcaard_PIN
cd pub/schullersoft
get mapref.tar.Z

uncompress mapref.tar.Z
tar xvf mapref.tar
look for the source code file x_to_ccp4.c.

                        That's MISTER Peanut to you!
                        Dave Schuller
                        University of California-Irvine
                        schuller at uci.edu