Making a New Structure?

Simon M. Brocklehurst smb at
Mon Apr 29 05:46:56 EST 1996

Todd Charles Wood wrote:
> I am looking for a program that will read in PDB coordinates of
> the backbone of a protein and build onto that the sidechains
> that I specify.  I want to use this "new" structure to do
> energy minimization on.  Any suggestions?
> Todd Wood
> tcw3r at

   NAOMI might do what you need - to give you an idea, here's how
you would build the sequence A K H at residue positions 14, 15 and
16 in the protein fold.

    mutate 14 A
    mutate 15 K
    mutate 16 H

  Look at:

  If your backbone coordinates have the right amino acid residue sequence
  in the PDB file, you could instead use the command:

   repair side-chains

   which would do everything in one go.