cerevisiae growing on triglycerides?

KOS at AMC.UVA.NL KOS at AMC.UVA.NL
Tue Jan 18 08:19:34 EST 1994

Hi buddies,

I would like to try to grow S. cerevisiae on triglycerides. My
question is how to get the triglycerides in the medium, and if the
cells can grow on such a medium. Should I use Tween like I use
to make media containing fatty acids or do I need other things? Is
DMSO allowed to grow yeast? Albumin could work to get the
triglycerides in solution but I want to be sure that the triglycerides
are the only carbon source available.

I would also appreciate information about lipases in S.
cerevisiae. Are there lipases secreted for digestion of external
triglycerides?

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,

Arnoud Kal