Anaerobic growth of S. cerevisiae

Brian Krett bkrett at ACNS.ColoState.EDU
Fri Jul 28 12:59:26 EST 1995

> >        I am attempting to grow S. cerevisiae anaerobically.  Is there
> >any specific media or media supplements that I should use?  Any
> >information would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Natalie J. Morey                nmorey at bimcore.emory.edu
> >Dr. Jinks-Robertson lab
> >Emory University
> >Atlanta, GA

	I am currently working on a strain of yeast that has a gene knock
out of the precursor to the CYC1 gene. Aerobic growth can be created by
growing on a nonfermentable carbon source adding the metabolic precursor.
	Anerobic growth occurs normally in these cells as long as they
are growht on a fermentable carbon source. If you can use these cells let
me know and I will see about sending them out to you.

						Brian Krett
						bkrett at holly.colostate.edu