pombe REP80 vectors

S L Forsburg forsburg at nospamsalk.edu
Mon Aug 18 10:26:43 EST 1997

> Dear netters,
>
> I am desperately seeking for some S.pombe vectors, called pREP81,82
> and
> pRIP81,82. I have tryed to obtain these vectors from K.Maundrell (who
> has made them), but I was not able to contact him, because I do not
> know
> his current e-mail/postal mailing adress. Is someone out there who has
>
> (the original) plasmids and is able to send me a small aliqout of
> these
> vectors ???
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> Martin

I can send you derivatives that I made of REP81 and REP82, which delete
the ATG
within the polylinker.  These are called REP81X and REP82X.   I do not
have
the integrating versions (but they are easy to construct., just drop out
the ars1 element).

Note that these derivatives will be available from the ATCC shortly.
The ATCC is
interested in developing a basic pombe collection which will include
useful strains
and vectors.  The ATCC is a non-profit organization that serves as a
depository
for biological materials, which are available for a small fee to
investigators
around the world.  Watch this space for more information!

--
-susan
S L Forsburg, PhD  forsburg at salk.edu
Molecular Biology and Virology Lab