Postdoctoral Researcher

Min Zhang min_zhang at nrel.gov
Tue Sep 1 23:49:34 EST 1998

We are looking for a Ph.D. researcher skilled in the area of yeast
molecular biology (preferably in Saccharomyces).  In particular we are
seeking a creative, self-motivated scientist familiar with metabolic
engineering and biochemical pathways to help us extend the work we have
been performing on pentose metabolism in bacteria (for e.g.. See Science
267:240-243, 1995; Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 62:4465-4470, 1996.  The
right person will join a multi-disciplinary team of microbiologists,
biochemists, biochemical engineers, and molecular biologists working to
enhance sugar uptake, redirect carbon flow, and develop new genetic
systems in a variety of microorganisms.  While a new graduate would be
ideal, we might consider a slightly more experienced individual or
perhaps a "hands on" faculty member looking for a sabbatical leave.

The Biotechnology Center at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory in
Golden, Colorado has approximately 50 scientists and engineers working
in the renewable fuels and chemicals arena.  Please visit NREL's web
site at www.nrel.gov to learn more about who we are and what we do.
Qualified candidates may forward a curriculum vitae, names and telephone
numbers of three references to:

Min Zhang
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Biotechnology Center for Fuels and Chemicals
1617 Cole Blvd.,
Golden, CO 80401
min_zhang at nrel.gov