Yeast Spheroplasts!!

news at news at
Thu Aug 5 01:31:04 EST 1999

We get ours from ICN, 1-800-854-0530.  Catalog #320931, US$670. for 500
mg.  We prepare stocks at 10 mg/ml in 10 mM Tris pH7.5, 1 mM EDTA, 1M
Sorbitol.  This is a suspension of Zymolyase.  Used at 15 to 100
micro-g/ml in 100 mM phosphate buffer, pH6.5, 0.2% 2-mercapto-ethanol,
with osmotic support of 1 to 1.2 M Sorbitol. It also works in Tris

Mike Conboy
Cyert Lab
Dept. Biological Sciences

In article
<7o9o3u$c1d at>,
biosci-request at, Anita Udiavar Rao  <aurao at> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to the know the concentration of Zymase required to make
>> yeast spheroplasts.  I have the protocol from the Fission Handbook, but
>> it does not mention the make of the enzyme. It would be great if I could
>> get the right amount required.
>> Thank You
>> Anita

YEAST bionet newsgroup see: