Yeast Spheroplasts!!

news at nntp.stanford.edu news at nntp.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 5 01:31:04 EST 1999

We get ours from ICN, 1-800-854-0530.  Catalog #320931, US$670. for 500
mg.  We prepare stocks at 10 mg/ml in 10 mM Tris pH7.5, 1 mM EDTA, 1M
Sorbitol.  This is a suspension of Zymolyase.  Used at 15 to 100
micro-g/ml in 100 mM phosphate buffer, pH6.5, 0.2% 2-mercapto-ethanol,
with osmotic support of 1 to 1.2 M Sorbitol. It also works in Tris
buffers.

Mike Conboy
Cyert Lab
Dept. Biological Sciences