[Yeast] easy to amplify genes (Chr9 and others)

albert from zoology.ubc.ca via yeast%40net.bio.net (by albert from zoology.ubc.ca)
Mon Mar 17 13:36:03 EST 2008

Hello,

We have a strain of yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) in our lab that is
aneuploid for Chr IX. We'd like to screen for individuals that are
euploid. With that goal in mind we're planning on running real time pcr of
a couple of genes on Chr IX, and a couple of genes elsewhere in the genome
for reference. Not having worked much with yeast genomics before I was
hoping that someone might be able to recommend some genes that are robust
and easy to amplify.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Arianne Albert