How to lie about your age and get away with it

Don Ashley dashley at TENET.EDU
Tue Feb 14 07:36:20 EST 1995

On Tue, 14 Feb 1995, Steve Chambers wrote:

> These questions were posed to me the other day:
>
> A well-preserved 70 year old man presents himself at hospital, claims
> he's 60, and has a fake driver's license to prove it.
>

> (2)	Is there any biological or physiological measurement that could
> 	pinpoint his actual age? (I couldn't think of any easy one.)

Certainly you have pointed out a substantial area of age reporting fraud.

By checking the layers of scales of his teeth, the physician can
discriminate effectively.  The scale-ometer is cost-prohibitive, however
and older people get away with receiving medical treatment meant for the
more youthful.

Then there's this new research that's likely to stop the aging process
and the scale-ometer won't be effective any more.

I've been at this computer too long.  Dry humor is probably inappropriate
for this newsgroup.