IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Brown For Pres.

Don Ashley dashley at TENET.EDU
Fri Feb 17 08:30:52 EST 1995


Pls send the H.B. file.

If he supports longevity research, we'll vote for him for any office.

You make a good point: we need politicians who will move forward with 
this.  We need to determine who is currently of influence and communicate 
support for their efforts.

If you know of politicians who are not sheep when it comes to vocalizing 
positive ideas about l.r. please forward list.

Investors also.  The private sector can profit from investing in 
innovative longevity research labs.  Long shot risk capital. 

Is there any movement in UK toward l.r.?  Popular movement or 
technological efforts?  Either way let's move on it.  

On Fri, 17 Feb 1995, John de Rivaz wrote:

> In article: <Pine.3.89.9502150618.K23961-0100000 at Joyce-Perkins.tenet.edu>  
> dashley at TENET.EDU (Don Ashley) writes:
> > Chris,
> > 
> > Thanks for your point about demographers and steady  population trend.
> > 
> > If you could help us find the UN source document it would be good support 
> > for promoting funds allocation for research.  Population fears are one of 
> > the greatest inhibitors of progress for the decision makers.
> > 
> > Gov't as well as private sector are hesitant about sending money for 
> > politically sensitive projects.  Population projections are sensitive 
> issues.
> > 
> > Don
> 
> re population projections:
> 
> Socialism seems a marvellous idea. Help the poor and sick and soon there 
> will be no more poverty or suffering. The UK's Labour Party really believed 
> this in 1945.
> 
> However they made one fatal flaw. In fact it was the same flaw in British 
> policies that lost them their American colonies. It is "No taxation without 
> representation". The Socialists used tax money for their policies, but there 
> was no representation as to how quickly the poor should mulitply. In fact, 
> they were given incentives to multiply.
> 
> The resulting disaster is history...
> 
> Government cannot achieve anything. Chaos theory shows us that the idea of 
> government controlling anything successfully is rather like the idea of 
> perpetual motion - stupid. Harry Browne knows this. To learn more ask for my 
> Harry Browne file, and it will be sent by email.
> 
> If you like this file and live in the USA, you could vote this man in for 
> President and see how a minimalist government could send your economy up up 
> and away, resulting in more money for research into every field imaginable. 
> The rest of the world would have to follow or go bust.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Sincerely,     ****************************************       
>                * Publisher of        Longevity Report *
> John de Rivaz  *                     Fractal Report   *
>                *          details on request          *
>                ****************************************
> **** What is the point of life if it ends in death? ****
> 
> 
> 




More information about the Ageing mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net